Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Garden Update

After being away from my beloved growing garden for 3 weeks it needed a little TLC. I will admit that Dane did a great job keeping it watered but things like the lettuce "bolting" need a little work. For those of you who are not sure what bolting is it is when lettuce is in too hot of an environment and the stalk gets really big and thick and the leaves remain small and not very crunchy. SO my lettuce needs to come out. The one thing that is really thriving in my garden is the eggplant. I have two of the actual eggplants and one more bloom that will so turn into another.
 All of my flower seeds have sprouted and are doing good. I am trying for the second year in a row to grow sweet peas (one of my favorite fragrant flowers). I will keep you posted on how well they do once I transplant them.



No comments:

Post a Comment